Jack Dorsey, the founder of Twitter created a storm on the social media platform after deeming Web 3.0 a monopoly ground for big corporates and VC funds. The statement came the same day when Elon Musk took a dig at Web 3.0 technologies as well. Dorsey mocked traditional venture capital firms such as Andreessen Horowitz who are investing millions in crypto companies and how they are not all for decentralization.
He shared the mission statement from the company which literally says “we invest in software eating the world”
this mission statement has always felt so…dark pic.twitter.com/82hFvTd7fO
— jack⚡️ (@jack) December 22, 2021
While many crypto startups working hard towards web 3.0 didn’t take the comments in their stride and Dorsey came out to explain that he is not necessarily against the development of Web 3.0 technologies as much as he is against VC monopoly.
I promise this is a fight against the “rich dudes” taking advantage of people like you who should own it all
— jack⚡️ (@jack) December 23, 2021
Dorsey who has held the position of CEO of Twitter for quite some time has quit as the CEO to focus on Bitcoin entirely through his popular Bitcoin venture Square Inc. The former Twitter CEO is a well-known Bitcoin proponent who has said it himself in the past that he would eventually quit Twitter to focus full-time on developing Bitcoin-based open-source products.
Former Twitter CEO wages war on centralization
Bitcoin seems to have smitten Dorsey to his core and he seems to understand the importance of decentralization and open-source more than any other CEO at this point. He is often seen as a Bitcoin maximalist especially from the Ethereum proponents as he has dismissed any suggestion that involves any other cryptocurrency than Bitcoin. However, he has cleared that he is not necessarily a Bitcoin maximalist as he is more focused on decentralization.
I’m not anti ETH. I’m anti-centralized, VC-owned, single point of failure, and corporate controlled lies. If your goal is anti establishment, I promise you it isn’t ethereum. Don’t believe or trust me! Just look at the fundamentals.
— jack⚡️ (@jack) December 23, 2021
Jack Dorsey-led Square Inc. is currently working on a number of Bitcoin-centered products such as a decentralized exchange system, building a Defi ecosystem, and an open-source hardware wallet as well.
- Jack Dorsey doubles down on his web3 comments, mocks a16z
- Decentralized exchange protocol Uniswap Goes Live on Polygon, UNI and MATIC Rally
- Binance Is Replacing Its BNB Quarterly Burn With BNB Auto-Burn, Here’s What It Means
- What The Future Holds for Cryptocurrency
- Breaking: German prosecutors “Clean” $113 million worth of illegal crypto
- Just-In: Shiba Inu (SHIB) gets listed on Australia’s longest-running crypto exchange
- Study Shows Bitcoin Is Controlled By The ‘One Percent’!
- Defi Hack: Visor Finance to launch new token post 94% drop in price after exploit
- El Salvador President Buys 21 Bitcoin (BTC) at 21:21:21
- Cryptocurrency Emerges Beyond Bitcoin And Ether Shadows
- Curve DAO Price Analysis: Rounding Bottom Pattern Will Lead CRV Token To $6.4
- Cosmos Price Analysis: ATOM Coin Bulls Breach Confluence Of Major Technical Levels
- Price Analysis: Cardano and Enjin Gain Double-digits, Check Next Resistance Level
- Helium And Fantom Gain Upto 13% – Crucial Price Levels On Target Next!
- SHIB Price Analysis: New Year Rings Recovery Bell For Shiba Inu
- Price Analysis: Ethereum, Polkadot And Filecoin Appreciate Minorly
- MATIC Price Analysis: Polygon Bulls Ready To Knockout All-Time High Resistance of $2.5
- Terra, XRP And Aave Price Analysis: Coins Log Substantial Gains Over The Week
- THORChain Price Analysis: Hidden RSI Divergence Hints An Upcoming Rally In Rune Token
- XRP Price Analysis: Ripple Coin Completes Cup and Handle Pattern, Hints at 14% Growth