Well, it’s Christmas time and so is the renewed excitement among Bitcoin investors. The Bitcoin price has climbed back once again above $50,000 for the first time in two weeks as investor sentiment turns positive across financial markets just before the holidays.
As of press time, Bitcoin is trading 5.22% up at a price of $51,031 with a market cap of $966 billion. After setting up a record high of $69,000 in November last month, Bitcoin has been continuously moving sideways correcting more than 30%.
With inflation reaching new highs and the Fed announcing tighter monetary policies money has been moving from volatile asset classes like crypto and equities to other safe-haven instruments. While many see Bitcoin as a hedge to equities, it hasn’t been that so far! Ross Mayfield, an investment strategy analyst at Baird told Bloomberg:
“I view Bitcoin as a high-beta risk asset. When risk appetite is up, it’s up big. And when risk appetite is down, it can be down big. It’s not perfectly correlated, that’s definitely too simple of a read, but it’s certainly not a volatility hedge.”
SEC Rejects Two Bitcoin Spot ETFs
Well, today’s price surge comes despite the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) rejecting two Bitcoin spot ETFs. While the SEC has shown familiarity with the Bitcoin Futures ETFs, it has shown strong objection to the approval of the physically-backed Bitcoin ETF.
The U.S. SEC has rejected two Bitcoin spot ETF proposals from Valkyrie Investments and Kryptoins stating that they have failed to meet the regulator’s requirement of preventing manipulative practices and frauds.
The spot Bitcoin ETFs remain as the holy grail of investment products and this is likely to bring massive liquidity to Bitcoin. Eric Balchunas, a Bloomberg Intelligence analyst, calls the latest rejection as a “Scrooge-jection”. He further added:
“The fact that the SEC is disapproving faster than they needed to — we were optimistic about futures, but we’re not confident in a 2022 approval”.
- Bitcoin (BTC) Above $51,000 Despite the U.S. SEC Rejecting Two Bitcoin Spot ETFs
- Why 2022 could prove to be the year of regulations for crypto market
- Indian parliament winter session ends without a crypto bill
- Breaking: Elon Musk agrees Bitcoin ($BTC) is for the rich and asserts Dogecoin’s ($DOGE) diversity
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) and MATIC becomes the biggest crypto gainers, here’s why
- Jack Dorsey doubles down on his web3 comments, mocks a16z
- Decentralized exchange protocol Uniswap Goes Live on Polygon, UNI and MATIC Rally
- Just-In: US joins South Korea in crypto phishing scam investigation
- Binance Is Replacing Its BNB Quarterly Burn With BNB Auto-Burn, Here’s What It Means
- Bitcoin, Ether, And Other Crypto Tokens Could See A Less Bumpy Ride In 2022
- Convex Finance Price Analysis: Token Shoots Past Other Leading DeFi Projects
- Price Analysis: Fantom And Cosmos Extremely Bullish With Prices Parked Above The 200-SMA
- Curve DAO Price Analysis: Rounding Bottom Pattern Will Lead CRV Token To $6.4
- Cosmos Price Analysis: ATOM Coin Bulls Breach Confluence Of Major Technical Levels
- Price Analysis: Cardano and Enjin Gain Double-digits, Check Next Resistance Level
- Helium And Fantom Gain Upto 13% – Crucial Price Levels On Target Next!
- SHIB Price Analysis: New Year Rings Recovery Bell For Shiba Inu
- Price Analysis: Ethereum, Polkadot And Filecoin Appreciate Minorly
- MATIC Price Analysis: Polygon Bulls Ready To Knockout All-Time High Resistance of $2.5
- Terra, XRP And Aave Price Analysis: Coins Log Substantial Gains Over The Week