No doubt, 2021 saw an impressive adoption of nonfungible tokens (NFT) and play-to-earn (P2E) games, but an even bigger adoption may well be underway as one of the world leaders in gaming — Square Enix, sees them as the undeniable future of the industry.
Square Enix Hopes That The Adoption of Metaverse and The Likes Will Have A Substantial Impact on Its Business
Square Enix CEO, Yosuke Matsuda has shared the company’s plans for the blockchain and NFT sectors in 2022, albeit in his new year’s message. Matsuda noted in his letter, how the rebranding of Facebook to Meta goes to show that the concept of the Metaverse is not just wishful thinking anymore. According to him, 2022 will be the year that the metaverse really takes concrete shape, even as the globe begins to gradually come to terms with the reality of virtual reality.
As Matsuda claims, the increasing use of cloud computing, virtual reality technology, and 5G will all play a key part in birthing the metaverse. A part of Matsuda letter reads:
“As this abstract concept begins to take concrete shape in the form of product and service offerings, I am hoping that it will bring about changes that have a more substantial impact on our business as well.”
Meanwhile, away from the metaverse, Matsuda also spoke a bit on NFTs, P2Es, and then blockchain.
But while investments in blockchain are fast rising, it may seem that only the firms in the gaming business are putting in the work to legitimize blockchain technology. For instance, Square Enix invested in the metaverse when it partook in a $2-million funding round for The Sandbox — an Ethereum-based metaverse game.
Other Gaming Bigwigs Taking A Similar Position
Ubisoft is another big firm in the industry that has announced its plans to build remain committed to its NFT and blockchain ambitions.
Other big names in the gaming industry include the CEO of video game firm Electronic Arts (EA) Andrew Wilson, who has also publicly shared his belief that truly, NFTs and P2E games represent the future of gaming even though it may still be a bit too early to determine how exactly they’ll function in that regards.
- Founder of Nexo Brands Bitcoin as advanced gold, predicts price will hit $100,000 in Q2
- Breaking: Estonia is not banning cryptocurrencies; finance minister clarifies rumors
- Bitcoin (BTC) hashrate touches new ATH on 13th Birthday of Genesis Day
- El Salvador President expects Bitcoin ($BTC) to touch $100k this year
- South Korea’s Presidential Candidate Lee Jae-Myung Says ‘Yes’ to Crypto Donations
- DeFi market shows signs of recovery on first Monday of New year; $YFI, $UNI, $AAVE among the top performers
- Ethereum (ETH) Showing Strength Over Bitcoin (BTC), Will It Outperform Once Again in 2022?
- Samsung launches first smart TV with NFT browsing and trading option
- ‘Shiba Inu To The Moon’ Trucks Spotted In Several Countries; Will It Start Another Upsurge In Values
- Shiba Inu Unveils First Phase of ‘DOGGY DAO’ to Empower $SHIB Holders
- Terra Price Analysis: LUNA Coin Could Reclaim The Three-Digit Milestone
- Curve DAO Price Analysis: New Year Brings New Trading Levels In CRV Token
- Chainlink And Uniswap Price Analysis: Coins Display Bullish Preference Amidst Broader Market Weakness
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Hidden RSI Divergence In BTC Coin Hints Rally To $53000 Mark
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Falling Wedge Pattern Extends The Correction For ETH Coin
- Cosmos Price Analysis: New Year Brings 30% Growth Opportunity In ATOM Coin
- Monero Price Analysis: V-shaped Recovery In XMR Coin – Walks Toward The $320 Mark
- SAND and Mana Price Analysis: Metaverse Tokens Positive Today
- Uniswap Price Analysis: UNI Coin Plans To Release The Trapped Bullish Momentum
- Dogelon Soars Over 7% While Shiba Inu Gains but Technicals Inidcate Loss on Charts