2021 was quite the bizarre year for meme coins as most of the coins outdid themselves in the year, seeing strangely insane rallies that caught the attention of virtually everyone. So significant were the rallies, that some of the meme coins even broke into the list of top 10 crypto by market capitalization for some period. However, this only lasted for so long as the last few months of the year saw the coins falling, thereby displacing them entirely from off the top 10 list.
Shiba Inu and Dogecoin: The Center of 2021 Meme Coins Craze
For all intents and purposes, both DOGE and SHIB saw very high rallies in 2021 that no one could have thought possible. Not even in the crypto world.
It all began when Tesla CEO, Elon Musk started tweeting frequently about Dogecoin after the automaker made its first purchase of Bitcoin. Musk’s tweets would later spark the unbelievable run that the coin had a short while after.
Shiba Inu would later draw inspiration from Dogecoin as many other new coins also did. SHIB and some other meme coins had rallies even more unbelievable than DOGE’s. The most notable one was Shiba Inu’s out-of-the-world rally in October where at a point, the meme coin surged 1000% in just 30 days.
By that time, Shiba Inu also made the top ten crypto by market cap list and even surpassed Dogecoin on the list for a while.
What Does The Future Hold For Meme Coins?
Most meme coins have now faltered, especially since the final months of last year and are now out of the top ten crypto list entirely.
In fact, an Arcane Research report predicts that most of the meme coins will go into obscurity in 2022, but we are only a week into the year. So let’s just take a look at how the coins are fairing at the moment.
At the time of writing, Dogecoin’s price floats around $0.1505, down 12.88% in the past 7 days. Here is a chart that shows the trend in the price of the coin over the last five days:
The price of Shiba Inu at press time is $0.00002818, down 16.80% in the past 7 days. Below is a chart of the coin’s price trend over the last five days:
The price of Dogelon Mars at the time of writing floats around $0.000001242, down 24.80% in the past 7 days.
While they all seem to be on a downward trend, there is absolutely no cause for alarm yet. This is because there is a general downtrend in the entire crypto markets including Bitcoin and Ethereum. And obviously, Dogecoin and Shiba Inu are still holding their own in the meme coins world.
- Forget Bitcoin And Keep These Three Altcoins on Your Radar for January
- Coinbase officials dump millions worth of $COIN shares, $COIN stock price down by 11% Over MoM
- Total Value of ETH in 2.0 Deposit Contract skyrockets to an ATH of 8.9 million ETH
- U.K. Lawmakers Join Hands to Form A Crypto Advocacy Group and Support Crypto Innovation
- SEC Charges Crypto Firm Crowd Machine Founder With ‘Fraud and Unregistered’ ICO Offering
- AMC To Accept Dogecoin And Shiba Inu Cryptocurrency Payments in 2022
- “You don’t have to root for XRP, but you have to root against the SEC” reckons Ripple Attorney John Deaton
- PayPal Considering Launching Its Own Cryptocurrency, ‘PayPal Coin’
- Ethereum’s DeFi Market Dominance in 2022 Could Be At A Risk, Will It Affect ETH Price?
- Analyst highlights Key Bullish Catalyst for Bitcoin this Year
- Top Bitcoin Holding Company Stock Prices Are Down By More Than 15%, Buying Opportunity?
- Hedera Price Analysis: HBAR Coin Bulls Struggles To Surpass The $0.323 Resistance
- Polygon Price Analysis: MATIC Coin Hints Bullish Reversal From The $2 Mark
- Cosmos Price Analysis: ATOM Recovery Rally Challenges The $44.7 All-Time High Resistance
- Bitcoin (BTC) price likely to bottom between $42k-$37.5k, here’s why
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Token Survive Crypto Bloodbath With Its Bear Trap
- DOGE, SHIB, FLOKI Price Prediction: Crypto Crash Or A time To Buy?
- XRP Price Prediction: Ripple Could Drop 9% Further After Failing To Hold On To $0.75
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Bloodbath On Crypto Market Triggers Fallout From Descending Wedge Pattern
- FTT Price Analysis: Rising RSI Slope In FTX Token Hints Upcoming Bullish Rally