Popular value investor Bill Miller has revealed why he is betting big on Bitcoin (BTC) in 2022. The Founder and Chief Investment Officer (CIO) of Miller Value Partners revealed this during a recent interview with Wealthtrack.
Bill Miller Puts 50% of His Entire Worth on Bitcoin, Explains Why
Miller who has a long history of high value investments and currently holds the record for beating S & P 500 for 15 consecutive years has explained why he is placing 50% of his $2.4 billion worth of assets on Bitcoin and some other crypto-related investments. He said:
“I’d say it’s a combination of things – it would have to be, to allow something to get that big a part of your portfolio.”
Miller’s reasons may appear to be bordering on some carefully thought out calculations however. For instance, the billionaire investor mentioned the fact that only 21 million Bitcoin can ever be created. And according to him, if there’s a limit to what amount of Bitcoin there can be created, then it doesn’t matter what the price of Bitcoin is at the moment, it will surely go up.
That means so far there can only be as many as 21 million Bitcoin in circulation, demand for the apex cryptocurrency will definitely increase as the years go by, leading its price to go up unstoppably.
Bitcoin Vs Gold
While for long Bitcoin has been dubbed the “digital gold,” Miller has a preference for Bitcoin over gold. Explaining his choice, Miller simply says gold being the more conventional “store of value” asset class isn’t enough. He says:
“In 5000 years, it [gold] has gone from a nickel to $1850, and in 10 years, Bitcoin has gone from a nickel to $57,000”
He then simply asked why he or any right thinking person would own gold over Bitcoin considering the performance of both assets in the last decade.
Meanwhile, the investor is not only betting on Bitcoin for the year. According to him, he has also put some of his money into several Bitcoin-related stocks, including MicroStrategy Inc. (NASDAQ:MSTR) and Stronghold Digital Mining Inc (NASDAQ:SDIG). He also claims that another substantial portion of his personal portfolio, aside from Bitcoin-related investments, would be found in Amazon.com, Inc (NASDAQ:AMZN).
- SEC Chair Gary Gensler Clarifies Crypto Token Raising Funds as Securities and says they should Register
- Mining Giant Bitfarms Increase BTC Holdings to 4,300, now worth over $175 million
- Incoming Bear Storm? Justin Sun moves $166 million Stablecoins from Exchanges to his Address
- Crypto Fear and Greed Index Score Hits 5 Month Low, Now Points to ‘Extreme Fear’
- Binance In the Middle of a Massive Cryptocurrency Scam in Pakistan; Crypto Security Is Not Unbreakable
- OpenSea’s daily transaction Volume now sits over $200 million for most of 2022
- Is Binance CEO the world’s richest man alive?
- Now You Can Use Your Tesla To Mine Bitcoin, Here’s How
- Forget Bitcoin on-chain, the U.S. Inflation Data Will Determine the Next Move in BTC
- Bitcoin (BTC) Bounces Back from the Support of $40,000, Here Are Key Levels to Watch
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?
- Polygon Price Analysis: MATIC Price Retesting Weekly and Monthly Support, Here’s Buy the Dip Price Zones
- Binance Coin Price Analysis: BNB Price Loses Another Support; $400 Mark Closing Up
- SHIB Price Analysis: Planning to buy the dip? Check these important SHIB Price Levels
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Finding Bitcoin Bottom? Falling Prices Inside The Wedge Approach $40K
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Drops Below The 50% Retracement Level, Is $2900 Next?
- Top Bitcoin Holding Company Stock Prices Are Down By More Than 15%, Buying Opportunity?
- Hedera Price Analysis: HBAR Coin Bulls Struggles To Surpass The $0.323 Resistance
- Polygon Price Analysis: MATIC Coin Hints Bullish Reversal From The $2 Mark
- Cosmos Price Analysis: ATOM Recovery Rally Challenges The $44.7 All-Time High Resistance