With support from JPMorgan’s blockchain and Onyx, Bahrain has now successfully completed the trial run of the JPM coin as it looks to explore digital payments system and financial technology at large.
But while the trial was carried out by the Central Bank of Bahrain (CBB), two other organizations were also involved. They are; Manama-based ABC Bank and national aluminum smelter Aluminum Bahrain (Alba).
Central Bank of Bahrain look to blockchain technology
As gathered from the official announcement, the trial involved ABC bank testing real-time digital payments with Alba using the JPM Coin — a stablecoin tied to the US dollar.
And now going by the CBB’s announcement, the test has been adjudged a huge success. The report also highlights the plans of Bahrain to continue in its tracks as it looks to continue simplifying financial technology and making it more accessible, even to the masses.
Part of the statement reads:
“The promising results of the payment test, which was supervised by the Central Bank of Bahrain, indicate the Kingdom’s commitment to elevating financial technology and striving to provide the highest quality of services and the best customer experience”
We will continue to employ ‘pioneering technologies’ — CBB Governor
Meanwhile, the Governor of CBB, Rasheed Al Maraj has also commented on the successful completion of the JPM Coin trial. He says he will personally continue employing “pioneering technologies” so as to help improve the financial system of Bahrain.
In the same light, both Ali Al Baqali, CEO of Alba and group executive vice president of Bank ABC, Sael Al Waqary, seem to share similar sentiments. The duo have also indicated full commitment towards the development of Bahrain’s financial sector.
The CEO of JPMorgan Bahrain, Ali Mousa was also not left out as he reiterated his commitment towards “spearheading the construction of the next generation of clearing and settlement infrastructure”.
Mousa then expressed that the firm was delighted in the partnership with Alba and Bank ABC which he hopes will help to fast-track the development of JPM digital currency in the region.
- Solana (SOL) Network Congestion Issues get worse as Failed Transactions Skyrocket
- 95% of JP Morgan Clients Doubt Bitcoin’s Price can Break $100,000 by the end of 2022
- Dogecoin Enters the Real Estate Segment; Washington’s Gig Harbor Developer Will Take Cryptocurrency
- The Royal Rabbits Club Announces Launch Date with VIP whitelist Already Live
- Cross-Chain Applications Receive A Negative Response From Vitalik Buterin
- Leading Media House Associated Press announces Launching NFT Marketplace, Minting to Happen on Polygon
- Breaking: Polygon Unveils Recursive SNARK Plonky2 That’s 100x Faster, MATIC Jumps 3%
- Bitcoin (BTC) Bounces Back Above $42,000, Will Altcoins Follow Soon?
- SEC Chair Gary Gensler Declares Crypto Tokens Raising Funds as Securities and says they should Register
- Mining Giant Bitfarms Increase BTC Holdings to 4,300, now worth over $175 million
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?
- Polygon Price Analysis: MATIC Price Retesting Weekly and Monthly Support, Here’s Buy the Dip Price Zones
- Binance Coin Price Analysis: BNB Price Loses Another Support; $400 Mark Closing Up
- SHIB Price Analysis: Planning to buy the dip? Check these important SHIB Price Levels
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Finding Bitcoin Bottom? Falling Prices Inside The Wedge Approach $40K