After a weak start to this week, Bitcoin (BTC) has bounced back from its crucial support levels of $40,000. As of press time, Bitcoin is trading 0.54% up at a price of $42,192 with a market cap of 797 billion.
Bitcoin has been just replicating its previous performances over this time. Popular crypto analyst Lark Davis writes:
Bitcoin peaked out at -42.5% under the previous high yesterday. For reference The mid year 2021 mini bear was -55% at bottom. Nothing out of the ordinary for BTC, although likely terrifying for new investors.
Furthermore, as we at CoinGape reported, the Bitcoin RSI levels were clearly pointing out that we were in oversold territory on the daily chart on Monday. In we look at the historical chart, Bitcoin has found exact support, the last time it was found during September 2021.
There’s further downside support for Bitcoin at around $37.5K levels (red circle). Even Galaxy Digital founder Mike Novogratz had predicted that Bitcoin could test $38,000 as the bottom and this is where institutional players will likely chip in.
One can still hold up the early excitement as we need to reclaim the 50-day and 200-day Moving Average to confirm the uptrend. All eyes will be on the U.S. releasing its inflation data ahead of this week on Wednesday. If the inflation numbers turn out to be higher than expected it could further dampen the prospects of a strong recovery.
Will Altcoins Follow the Trend Reversal?
Although bitcoin rebounds, some altcoins have yet to follow. For e.g. Ethereum (ETH) has yet to rebound and is trading in the red zone at $3117. ETH too has corrected by 40% from its all-time high.
However, some altcoins have been really doing well in this market downtrend. For e.g. Terra’s LUNA rallied by 100% in December all the way to hitting a new all-time high of $100. So has Polygon’s MATIC and now Chainlink (LINK). These three altcoins could be potential performers for this month of January.
- Bitcoin (BTC) Bounces Back Above $42,000, Will Altcoins Follow Soon?
- SEC Chair Gary Gensler Declares Crypto Tokens Raising Funds as Securities and says they should Register
- Mining Giant Bitfarms Increase BTC Holdings to 4,300, now worth over $175 million
- Incoming Bear Storm? Justin Sun moves $166 million Stablecoins from Exchanges to his Address
- Crypto Fear and Greed Index Score Hits 5 Month Low, Now Points to ‘Extreme Fear’
- Binance In the Middle of a Massive Cryptocurrency Scam in Pakistan; Crypto Security Is Not Unbreakable
- OpenSea’s daily transaction Volume now sits over $200 million for most of 2022
- Is Binance CEO the world’s richest man alive?
- Now You Can Use Your Tesla To Mine Bitcoin, Here’s How
- Forget Bitcoin on-chain, the U.S. Inflation Data Will Determine the Next Move in BTC
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?
- Polygon Price Analysis: MATIC Price Retesting Weekly and Monthly Support, Here’s Buy the Dip Price Zones
- Binance Coin Price Analysis: BNB Price Loses Another Support; $400 Mark Closing Up
- SHIB Price Analysis: Planning to buy the dip? Check these important SHIB Price Levels
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Finding Bitcoin Bottom? Falling Prices Inside The Wedge Approach $40K
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Drops Below The 50% Retracement Level, Is $2900 Next?
- Top Bitcoin Holding Company Stock Prices Are Down By More Than 15%, Buying Opportunity?
- Hedera Price Analysis: HBAR Coin Bulls Struggles To Surpass The $0.323 Resistance
- Polygon Price Analysis: MATIC Coin Hints Bullish Reversal From The $2 Mark