In what seems like a ccontinous strive to gain ground and establish itself as the leading Bitcoin payment app in the Latin America region, Bitcoin’s Lightning Network-powered app Strike has now launched its services in Argentina. This follows after the firm launched a similar service in El Salvador in March, 2021 which saw a massive demand from investors.
Bitcoin Payment App Launches in Argentina
On Tuesday, the Bitcoin payment service provider announced via the Twitter page of its CEO Jack Mallers, that Argentines now have access to a life-changing financial experience, even as they can now begin using bitcoin remittance payments. The announcement also highlights that nationals may now use the peer-to-peer transaction system of Strike, as well as receive bitcoin tips from their Twitter platform.
Here’s an excerpt from the tweet:
“Today, we launch a superior financial experience to a country that faces hyperinflation, predatory payment networks, and unusable cross-border transfers. Today, we use the world’s open monetary network, #Bitcoin, to give hope to the people of Argentina”
Could Strike Just Be Starting To Scratch The Surface?
Interestingly, Argentina only happens to be the first nation in a series of many other targets that Strike has for 2022.
According to the company’s statement, there are plans to expand into other Latin American markets as well, including Colombia and Brazil.
Although the company is still in the initial stages of launch, early integrations and activations have already begun in the southern city of San Martin de los Andes, in Patagonia.
More Hands on Deck
Strike seems to be going all in with its expansion plans. The firm recently quadrupled its Latin American team towards this early launch in Argentina and there are reports that it plans on hiring more in the region.
CEO Jack Maller also claims that Argentina is undoubtedly one of the most exciting countries where one can build a Bitcoin economy.
- Solana (SOL) Network Congestion Issues get worse as Failed Transactions Skyrocket
- 95% of JP Morgan Clients Doubt Bitcoin’s Price can Break $100,000 by the end of 2022
- Dogecoin Enters the Real Estate Segment; Washington’s Gig Harbor Developer Will Take Cryptocurrency
- The Royal Rabbits Club Announces Launch Date with VIP whitelist Already Live
- Cross-Chain Applications Receive A Negative Response From Vitalik Buterin
- Leading Media House Associated Press announces Launching NFT Marketplace, Minting to Happen on Polygon
- Breaking: Polygon Unveils Recursive SNARK Plonky2 That’s 100x Faster, MATIC Jumps 3%
- Bitcoin (BTC) Bounces Back Above $42,000, Will Altcoins Follow Soon?
- SEC Chair Gary Gensler Declares Crypto Tokens Raising Funds as Securities and says they should Register
- Mining Giant Bitfarms Increase BTC Holdings to 4,300, now worth over $175 million
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?
- Polygon Price Analysis: MATIC Price Retesting Weekly and Monthly Support, Here’s Buy the Dip Price Zones
- Binance Coin Price Analysis: BNB Price Loses Another Support; $400 Mark Closing Up
- SHIB Price Analysis: Planning to buy the dip? Check these important SHIB Price Levels
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Finding Bitcoin Bottom? Falling Prices Inside The Wedge Approach $40K