We have key news coming up from Polygon developers as they unveil the world’s fastest ZK Scaling Technology, Polnky2. This is a part of the Polygon Zero mission that uses zero-knowledge proofs to scale the Ethereum blockchain to a billion users.
As per the official announcement, Plonky2 is a recursive SNARK that’s natively compatible with Ethereum and 100x faster than the existing alternatives. The announcement further adds:
Plonky2 combines PLONK and FRI for the best of STARKs, with fast proofs and no trusted setup, and the best of SNARKs, with support for recursion and low verification cost on Ethereum.
One of the biggest strengths of ZK-Proofs is recursion. Meaning it allows one SNARK to verify the other SNARKs making the network performance even faster. Apart from being faster, the recursive process is less resource-intensive and more decentralized.
Recursive proofs help in significantly reducing the proving times and thus are very critical for blockchain scalability.
Plonky2 Compatibility With Ethereum
As the blog post notes, the scaling technology of Plonky2 is completely compatible with the Etheruem blockchain. the latest step will also help Polygon transition from being just a solution provider to building the future of Ethereum. The blog post notes:
ZK L2s have benefited from a lot of hype, but current solutions rely on cryptographic primitives that are inefficient and limit scalability. Ultimately, L2’s will compete on throughput and cost, and Plonky2 gives the Polygon ecosystem the opportunity to build the most performant and scalable L2s.
This is yet another feather to the cap of Polygon which has been releasing some promising updates over the last few months. As a result, investors are also keen on getting their hands on Polygon’s native cryptocurrency MATIC. Soon after the news, the MATIC price jumped another 3% and is currently trading at a price of $2.16.
- Breaking: Polygon Unveils Recursive SNARK Plonky2 That’s 100x Faster, MATIC Jumps 3%
- Bitcoin (BTC) Bounces Back Above $42,000, Will Altcoins Follow Soon?
- SEC Chair Gary Gensler Declares Crypto Tokens Raising Funds as Securities and says they should Register
- Mining Giant Bitfarms Increase BTC Holdings to 4,300, now worth over $175 million
- Incoming Bear Storm? Justin Sun moves $166 million Stablecoins from Exchanges to his Address
- Crypto Fear and Greed Index Score Hits 5 Month Low, Now Points to ‘Extreme Fear’
- Binance In the Middle of a Massive Cryptocurrency Scam in Pakistan; Crypto Security Is Not Unbreakable
- OpenSea’s daily transaction Volume now sits over $200 million for most of 2022
- Is Binance CEO the world’s richest man alive?
- Now You Can Use Your Tesla To Mine Bitcoin, Here’s How
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?
- Polygon Price Analysis: MATIC Price Retesting Weekly and Monthly Support, Here’s Buy the Dip Price Zones
- Binance Coin Price Analysis: BNB Price Loses Another Support; $400 Mark Closing Up
- SHIB Price Analysis: Planning to buy the dip? Check these important SHIB Price Levels
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Finding Bitcoin Bottom? Falling Prices Inside The Wedge Approach $40K
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Drops Below The 50% Retracement Level, Is $2900 Next?
- Top Bitcoin Holding Company Stock Prices Are Down By More Than 15%, Buying Opportunity?
- Hedera Price Analysis: HBAR Coin Bulls Struggles To Surpass The $0.323 Resistance
- Polygon Price Analysis: MATIC Coin Hints Bullish Reversal From The $2 Mark